[pvrusb2] Hvr-1950 + FiOS STB

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Wed Jan 7 13:12:16 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:41 PM, <pvrusb2-request at isely.net> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:23:36 -0600 (CST)
> From: Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>
> Subject: Re: [pvrusb2] Hvr-1950 + FiOS STB
> To: Communications nexus for pvrusb2 driver <pvrusb2 at isely.net>
>
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, fivenote wrote:
>
> > This part (the remote) I actually got working.
> >
> > I'm running ubuntu intrepid and did this...
> >
> > * install lircd with deb package lirc
> >
> > * put an lircrc file in my home dir. This maps remote buttons to
> > actions in different player apps. In ubuntu I installed
> > mythbuntu-lirc-generator. It puts a whole bunch of include files for
> > different apps in a big lircrc.
> >
> > If you're on another distro, the actual may be different, but
> > basically similar.
> >

> That should be basically right.  IR reception is handled almost
> completely by the LIRC package; the only tricky part is selecting the
> correctly underlying IR driver.  Unfortunately the correct answer to
> "which driver" depends a lot on the specific hardware you have.  But for
> all HVR-1950's the answer should be the same.  I don't remember the
> exact driver needed, but if you have it working on your system, do an
> lsmod and look for any modules with "lirc" in the same.  There will be
> at least one, and that corresponds to what you need.  Post that here and
> it will help others.  (I'm also pretty sure this is mentioned in the
> list archive from roughly last summer, if anyone cares to check.)

I was thinking there is something different that needs to be done with the
remote so it uses the IR blaster to change the channel on the STB. I wasn't
clear that I needed to change the channel on the STB.

I will see if I can get this remote working (I have other remotes and tuners
working w/ lirc) by sending signals to the STB.

The reason I can't use the STB remote is when I want to record something, I
will need to turn on the STB and change the channel. Or maybe just change
the channel if I leave the STB on all the time.

--
greg pryzby