[pvrusb2] Problems with ir-kbd-i2c

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Thu Jan 8 17:02:01 CST 2009

Am Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:16:26 -0600 (CST)
schrieb Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Carsten Meier wrote:
>
> > Here comes dmesg output with debug=2 param to modprobe:
> > [35268.935497] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x1a @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35268.936740] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x18 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35268.936989] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x4b @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35268.939552] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x64 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35268.940698] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x30 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> >
> > With an additional hauppauge=1 the result s similar:
> > [35318.759643] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x1a @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35318.759655] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x18 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35318.760016] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x4b @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35318.760270] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x64 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> > [35318.760516] ir-kbd-i2c: probe 0x30 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> >
> > Hope somebody could help...
>
> Later Hauppauge devices have included a different IR receiver chip
> which won't work with that module.  (But LIRC can still be made to
> work. Sorry...)
>
> Which device do you have?  If it's a 24xxx device, the later spins
> with an internal IR blaster fall into this category.  The HVR-1950
> also won't work with that module.  Earlier 24xxx devices and all
> 29xxx devices should work with it however.
>
> There is a lengthy description in the mail archives about this.  I
> should probably extract out that text and add it to the web
> documentation.  It's been asked about too many times now.
>
>   -Mike

I have a 24xxx device with an IR blaster jack at the back and a silver
remote. I searched G* before (but not explicitly your site) and haven't
found much useful infoformation. OK, now I found some explanation:
http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2007-December/001658.html
Is there any way to use the event-nodes of the kernel to make X
automatically recognise the remote key-presses?