[pvrusb2] Problems with ir-kbd-i2c

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Jan 8 17:41:54 CST 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Carsten Meier wrote:

> I have a 24xxx device with an IR blaster jack at the back and a silver
> remote. I searched G* before (but not explicitly your site) and haven't
> found much useful infoformation. OK, now I found some explanation:
> http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2007-December/001658.html
> Is there any way to use the event-nodes of the kernel to make X
> automatically recognise the remote key-presses?

Carsten: I'm sorry to report that yes, that's the type of device that
uses the newer IR chip and so AFAIK the v4l module you were trying to
attach simply won't work.

The older posting you found sums it up pretty well.  The only additional
info since then is that the HVR-1950 has the same IR feature as the
blaster-enabled 24xxx model, and that I've since implemented a pvrusb2
driver change that automatically gets rid of the "fake" receiver for
devices with the later IR chip.

As for your last question, I have no idea.  I'm not knowledgeable in
that at all.  IR event processing is a topic best asked in a venue more
closely related to that particular subject area.

isely @ pobox (dot) com