[pvrusb2] The continuing saga of IR support on the HVR-1950 ...

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Jan 12 10:00:20 CST 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, roccomoretti wrote:

> I asked about the issues I am having with IR receiver support on the
> HVR-1950 over at the lirc mailing list
> (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4969265A.5040405%40hotpop.com&forum_name=lirc-list).
>

> The response that I got there was that the difficulties I'm seeing are
> due to the pvrusb2 driver misidentifying the hardware. Supposedly the
> I2C id in pvrusb2-i2c-core.c should be changed "to something more
> useful" (details in link above).

First I've heard of this.  Someone should tell me these things.

As for that "card ID", it dates from the early days of the driver and
really there was no other semi-reasonable choice.  That is probably
better now and I'll look into it.  But really, if an LIRC sees a
problem, he should tell me about it...

isely @ pobox (dot) com