[pvrusb2] driver status / update

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Jan 14 02:04:55 CST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Mike Isely wrote:

> > On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Mike Isely wrote:
> >

> > > I haven't dug out the cx25840 problem yet.  I think this is a line of
> > > investigation that once chased, is going to reveal other issues.  I am
> > > working on this however.
> >
> > Just a heads up on this issue - I am zeroing in on it now.  I've already
> > isolated the specific v4l-dvb changeset where it broke.  I will have
> > more information posted here once I have figured out a plan to fix the
> > problem.
>
> Problem found.  It's a bug in v4l-dvb, a simple transposition typo.  I
> will generate a changeset for that one, which I'm sure will get pulled.
> It's blindingly obvious.  This bug has been present in the repository
> for over a month and nobody noticed :-(
>
> I will try to get this finished up tonight.

Well it's not completely done yet, but there is something to try if
anyone is interested.  Here's a v4l-dvb repository that in theory should
be fully working:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mcisely/pvrusb2

It includes 6 new changesets, one of which is the fix to allow the
cx25840 module to work again with the pvrusb2 driver.  Carsten's
bus_info change is there as well.  I haven't had a chance to test any of
this and I haven't yet looked at the LIRC sticking point yet either.
So no new standalone snapshot yet.  But I will try to get the standalone
package done in about a day.

isely @ pobox (dot) com