[pvrusb2] driver status / update

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Jan 15 01:58:01 CST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> On Thursday 15 January 2009 06:51:03 Mike Isely wrote:
>
> Hmm, that's my fault again. I didn't realize the consequences of this
> change. Allow me to fix this in the cx25840 driver itself so that no
> changes are needed in the bridge drivers that use this module.
>
> I'll have something for you tonight.
>
> > I imagine as more stuff moves over to the v4l2_subdev model that this
> > might become more common.  I will see about fixing the pvrusb2 driver
> > to always issue this command to any v4l2 modules which are bound to
> > it. For modules that don't know about this command the result should
> > be a harmless nop.
>
> No need to change pvrusb2 for this, it's cx25840 that needs to be
> changed.

I kind of figured you'd jump into the thread again :-)

I've actually already got a working implementation for this in the
pvrusb2 driver.  But I can revert it.  However before I do so, do you
see any value in the bridge driver issuing that INIT anyway just out of
paranoia?  I'm thinking probably not.  But it turns out to have been
very simple to implement this in the pvrusb2 driver - it already has the
ability to sync up a module when it binds so I just added a snippet to
do the init command as the first step of that synchronization.

isely @ pobox (dot) com