[pvrusb2] WinTV 1950

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Jan 31 04:42:14 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 09:36 -0600, roccomoretti wrote:

> There's probably a way to tell MythTV to only scan for programming guide
> data intermittently (e.g. set up a cron job or something similar),
> instead of *always* holding the digital side open for the guide scan --
> I just haven't had the time or inclination to dig into it further.

Should be pretty easy.  First, play with fuser to figure out which of
        it's incantations will detect when the digital v4l (/dev/video0)
is
        being used.  (Maybe a safer method would be to check when the
analog v4l
        IS NOT being used.)

        Then run mythfilldatabase.  (I'd probably use ps -ax |grep
mythfill when
        mythfilldatabase is running successfully.. but I think it
doesn't need
        many, if any options to run.)

        /etc/cron.daily/mythfilldatabase (or /etc/cron.weekly)

        #!/bin/sh
        /etc/cron.daily/mythfilldatabase
        if [ fuser incantation ]; then
           mythfilldatabase incantation (specifying digital v4l device)
        fi

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org