[pvrusb2] only few informations for udev available

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Jul 10 22:17:17 CDT 2009

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Martin Dauskardt wrote:

> I want to create an udev rule, but why does the pvrusb2 driver deliver so few
> informations?

   [...]

The ivtv driver handles PCI devices; it is possible that a lot of the
information you are seeing for ivtv is just "there" by virtue of it
being a PCI device.  With USB devices the pathway for that sort of
information is going to be different.

Now, with that said, I have absolutely nothing against getting as much
information as possible into udev.  I can look into this.  This is not
the first time this has come up, but right now I do not know how udev is
getting this information.  I suspect this may just be a matter of
creating some appropriate kobject instances which udev can then
enumerate but that's only a guess.