[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 on the SheevaPlug (Ubuntu Jaunty)

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Jun 10 23:18:33 CDT 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, charleswgreenjr at aim.com wrote:

>  Mike,
>

>  Thanks for the response!? Coincidentally I had found some time to
> pursue this on my own (like you, my free time is very limited, and I
> had been relying on a kernel which I had not built).? I was finally
> able to build a kernel last night / this morning including the
> necessary drivers as modules, and things are definitely being
> recognized now, as shown below.? (At the moment I'm concerned with the
> NTSC side, not the DVB, but others will probably be so I'll work on
> cleaning up the failure below next.)
>
> Thanks again!
>
> -Charles

While I'm glad to hear that compiling as modules now works better for
you, I'm a little puzzled as to why things didn't work when the driver
was compiled into the kernel.  That should have worked.

Can ANYONE else here reproduce this issue?  (Said another way: Can
anyone verify correct pvrusb2 driver operation when the driver is
compiled into the kernel?)

  [...]