[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 driver loading problem

JE Geiger james.e.geiger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:59:47 CDT 2009

OK.  I have tried dropping down in kernel versions (2.6.26.8) (2.6.27.24) on
same Fedora 11 and still the same problem.  So must be something not
necessarily kernel related (repeating resets, not the Oops).

I enabled debug messages from udev and, although I know very little about
udev, I get the general concept and if you search for the word firmware, you
see it loaded then immediately later removed.  It sure looks like a udev
problem for the repeating reset.  Would welcome a comment.  My udev is 141.

The udev log is http://www.kd4ab.org/udevdbug

As far as the crash on PVR2_TRACE_STATE, I don't know.

Where is the function scnprintf defined and where is the object code.  I
looked around and it is not one I recognize from my distant past (K&R 2nd,
little white paperback).  Is this one of the "special" kernel functions.  I
found google references to why it is used, etc. but I cannot find the actual
function .h or .c.

I have several machines and I will change the PC to another one and try
again using a clean pvrusb2 as released with the kernel for Fedora 11.

Thanks for running the tests and the info about the trace bits being
independent.   I will advise as I get further into this.  I think it makes
more sense for me to test further as opposed to you using up your time.  I
will ask questions if I get stuck.