[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20090616

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:33:17 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> > I tried this version and using it in mythtv to capture the output of a
> > sat box the sound
> > drops out if I change channels. If I stop live tv and then go back to it, the
> > sound works again.
> >
> > Otherwise it seems to work.
>
> The audio / video routing is not reset when changing channels.
> However...  Which device type are you using?  29xxx?

24012, from dmesg:
usbcore: registered new interface driver pvrusb2
pvrusb2: 20090115 (from www.isely.net):Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2
Encoder/Tuner
pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
pvrusb2_a: IR disabled
cx25840' 0-0044: cx25843-24 found @ 0x88 (pvrusb2_a)
tuner' 0-0043: chip found @ 0x86 (pvrusb2_a)
tuner' 0-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (pvrusb2_a)
wm8775' 0-001b: chip found @ 0x36 (pvrusb2_a)

It is just capturing from S video, so the channel change script actually
only sends out the IR commands to the sat box to change channels.
If it can be reset from the command line, I can include it in the channel
change script.

Mark