[pvrusb2] PARTIAL SUCCESS Re: terratec grabster av400.. short report..

Dave Craig dcraig at roku.com
Fri Mar 13 04:34:28 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Here's an update on support for the Terratec grabster AV400. I took the
patch submitted previously to this list by Andrea Venturi and it worked
to the same extent with my Yuan BMP837 capture card as it did with his
AV400. The Yuan unit has the same USB vid:pid as the Terratec grabster.
I then fixed up the S-video and audio issues reported.

The missing mojo for the S-Video and audio were:

1. The S-Video is wired into Y2 and C4 on the CX25837 so in the
routing_schemeav400 table the S-video entry should read:

	[PVR2_CVAL_INPUT_SVIDEO] = {
		.vid = (CX25840_SVIDEO_LUMA2|CX25840_SVIDEO_CHROMA4),
		.aud = CX25840_AUDIO_SERIAL,
	},

2. For some reason despite the audio being set to CX25840_AUDIO_SERIAL,
the driver was staying on it's default value of CX25840_AUDIO8 which
resulted in the wrong clock driving the cirrus ADC. I didn't investigate
the root cause too much further, but changing the aud_input default
value in cx25840-core.c resulted in the right sample clock rate and
audio then worked.

	state->aud_input = CX25840_AUDIO_SERIAL;

I'll take another look and if I find the root cause I'll post again.

DaveC.