[pvrusb2] Problem with wintv-hvr-1950

jim steele jsteele1997 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:32:57 CDT 2009

I have gotten this working consistently now. I changed the
/lib/udev/firmware.sh from this:

        echo 1 > /sys/$DEVPATH/loading
        cat "$DIR/$FIRMWARE" > /sys/$DEVPATH/data
        echo 0 > /sys/$DEVPATH/loading

to this:

        echo 1 > /sys/$DEVPATH/loading
        cat "$DIR/$FIRMWARE" > /sys/$DEVPATH/data
        cat /sys/$DEVPATH/data > /home/root/debug
        echo 0 > /sys/$DEVPATH/loading

and it started working. I think that maybe because this is on an SD
card file system that the /sys/$DEVPATH/data file wasn't completely
finished writing somehow before the echo 0 command was issued. The
fact that I added another cat of the same file to a debug location
seems to have given it time to catch up and when the echo 0 command is
issued, the firmware is completely there. I changed the debug line to
'sleep 1' just to clean it up and it works great.

Thanks for your help on this, and also thanks for the record script
sample, that is really useful to me.