[pvrusb2] hvr-1900, mythtv and remote

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Mar 21 16:07:47 CDT 2009

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Aljaž Prusnik wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have searched all possible sources on this but still can't get the
> > device to work with mythtv or somehow activate the remote. All I can get
> > is to get it played with mplayer.

Forgot to comment on the IR side of this.

Please try the device without attempting to set up IR first.  The IR
setup on the HVR-1900/1950 is something I'm not very clear about.  There
have been multiple posts in the past about people having trouble with
this, and some anecdotal bits that suggest LIRC might have some issues
here.  And it is theoretically possible that a misbehaving IR chip could
interfere with other I2C transfers, potentially causing errors like you
report further down.  Note: I'm just guessing here, I have *NOT* seen
any hard evidence to confirm this sort of scenario, but testing without
any IR driver installed should eliminate that as a possible cause of
trouble.

  -Mike

isely @ pobox (dot) com