[pvrusb2] wrong default values

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Mar 30 09:31:15 CDT 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Martin Dauskardt wrote:

> When I check v4l2-ctl --list-ctrls-menu after loading pvrusb2 I get a
> lot of negative values (see attachment)

Why do you think those are wrong?  They correspond to controls that have
a natural center point which is zero (e.g. hue).  It's been this way in
the driver since basically forever.

A long long time ago (when I first checked those controls) it seemed
that MythTV more or less expected this behavior, though honestly I
haven't looked at it this closely recently - because until here
absolutely nobody has raised it as an issue.

> Tested with the v4l-dvb hg from today, but the problem exists longer.
>
> For the pvrinput vdr-plugin, we are currently detecting the default value by
> using struct v4l2_queryctrl . Unless the user does not set other values,
> those detected values are used for initialising the card. Now we
> get "Numerical result out of range" errors.
>
> I think it is not a cx2341x problem, because the ivtv driver delivers the
> right default values.

The controls that I believe you are talking about do not involve
cx2341x at all, but rather cx25840 or msp3400+saa7115.

> Mike, can you fix it?

I don't see the problem here.

isely @ pobox (dot) com