[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-dev-0c73d0aa725b

Martin Dauskardt martin.dauskardt at gmx.de
Tue May 26 02:34:37 CDT 2009

Hi Mike,

> This fits with the symptoms you are describing - with the older v4l-dvb
> snapshot you tried the pvrusb2 driver still talked to the chip-level
> drivers the "old way" which we know still works.  But with the current
> v4l-dvb repository the pvrusb2 driver only includes the code for the new
> sub-device mechanism.  Thus the breakage.

remember: using the current hg with a 2.6.27 kernel did work!
Is the sub-device mechanism a v4l2-only stuff? Then I guess all changes are in
drivers/media/...  which are all in the hg. Therefore  I think that even
using it with a 2.6.27, it would use the new sub-device mechanism.

Supposed the problem is related to the subdev changes, then it seems that this
combination (all v4l2 stuff from hg, but kernel older than 2.6.29) uses the
old way. But why?
Are there any dependencies to kernel files outside drivers/media/... ?

Greets,
Martin