[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20091031

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Nov 1 00:50:44 CDT 2009

A new pvrusb2 driver snapshot is available.  The driver changes are:

  (+) Bind I2C address 0x71 for Zilog IR devices (needed specifically
      for HVR-1950).

  (+) Shorten hardware descriptive text to fit in too-small V4L API
      buffer.  (This was not a showstopper problem - the driver never
      overran the buffer but just correctly truncated the contents.)

  (+) Support use of larger FX2 16KB firmware.

That last one is important - it is needed in order to use the current
HVR-1950 FX2 firmware.  Related to that I have also gone through the
pvrusb2 documentation and made updates where the FX2 firmware is
discussed.  (And while in there I cleaned up other info about HVR-1950
vs HVR-1900.)

This snapshot also includes an updated fwextract.pl which should be
able to correctly extract Hauppauge HVR-1950 firmware from their
current Windows driver.  And of course that new fwextract.pl also is
directly available on the web site - but remember if you use a 16KB
FX2 firmware image you also need the new pvrusb2 driver as well.

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html