[pvrusb2] Anyone experienced audio clipping on RCA inputs?

Bjorn Danielsson pvr-usb2 at dax.nu
Sun Nov 15 13:54:28 CST 2009

The default audio volume has been 95% (aka 62000/65535) since
early days, if I recall correctly. This has worked great for
me for many years, but a while back I installed new equipment
(a Humax HD PVR-1000C cable decoder running Linux so it should
be easy to "assimilate" in theory but I haven't had any time to
spend on that yet) and now I get audio clipping when I connect
the analog outputs to the pvrusb2 composite+stereo ports.

Lowering the pvrusb2 volume parameter helps, and lowering the
outgoing volume on the source helps too. Lowering both helps
almost too much.

The only reason why I am posting this here is because I wonder
if anyone else has had reason to reduce the pvrusb2 default audio
volume because of clipping, or reduce the input volume, or both.

--
Björn Danielsson  <pvr-usb2 at dax.nu>