[pvrusb2] Hauppauge 1950 Install?

Joel Mayer joelm_audion at msn.com
Mon Nov 16 19:08:36 CST 2009

Justin-

I copied the tarball you sent me- Hauppauge1950.Linux -to a CD
and then copied it off the CD to the Desktop on my SuSE Linux
11.1 distro on my dual boot laptop.

For a time I tried various linux 'add remove program' strategies to
install the software you sent. Nothing worked, but after a while I
saw a folder labeled Hauppauge1950.Linux on my Desktop as well
as the card board box the tarball came in.

So then I went to a terminal and got myself root privileges. After
running cd Desktop I typed in: zypper install Hauppauge1950.Linux

The output looked like: "Retrieving repository 'KDE:KDE3' metadata
[done] .... Loading repository data ... Reading installed packages
... Hauppauge1950.Linux not found ... Resolving package dependencies
Nothing to do ...

Mike-

As you suggested, I ran the following command: "perl -v". The
output read: This is perl, v5.10.0 built for i586 -linux thread- multi
copywright 1987- 2007 Larry Wall

Next with root privileges I typed in: perl fwextract_new.pl
The output was: fewextract version: fwextract.pl 2422 2009-11-12
08:01:132   Reading internal configuration data base   driver path
is win_driver Extracting firmware files from driver directory   Failed
to locate any files to scan anywhere with win_driver

As a last resort I entered the command: sudo mythtv-setup
The reply to this was: cannot connect to X server. I then backed
out of the terminal and went to MythTV through "Applications" ->
"Multimedia". Like it always does, the Myth TV set up program
told me- unpnpNotFound (universal plug and play device not
found).

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks Again / Joel Mayer / joelm_audion at msn.com<mailto:joelm_audion at msn.com>