[pvrusb2] HVR-1900 needs driver change to support 16K fx2 firmware.

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Nov 23 16:09:19 CST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Gary Francis wrote:

> Mike,
>    In my previous text I was simply trying to describe two problems that I
> observed
> with the latest driver snapshot that I could find on your web site. The
> snapshot dated 31st October 2009.
> The two problems I see are:
> 1. The HVR-1900 device attributes does not have the 16K firmware bit set.
> Although the HVR-1950 does.
> 2. The test add the end of the firmware upload prevents a 16K upload from
> succeeding.
>
> Sorry if my description was not very clear.

Thanks for clearing that up.  My one answer to this: D'Oh!!!

You're absolutely right about issue #1 and I should have set that flag.
But my testing would not have caught this since I don't have an
HVR-1900.

Issue #2 is strange - you're of course right here too.  But I tested the
original change and it worked.  Without this fix you point out here it
should have failed.  Something else must have happened during the test.

> Is there a later snapshot of the driver than the one I referred to above?

No, the 20091031 snapshot is currently the latest one.  But probably not
for much longer...  (I will get this fixed and have a new snapshot as
soon as I can.)

Thanks!