[pvrusb2] 1950 Remote and Transmitter

Mike Ingardia mike.ingardia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:12:26 CDT 2009

Hey Mike,
I got my remote working by doing the following in UBUNTU 9.04:

1. Use the ir-kbd-i2c.ko module and load it.
2. Load the remove any lirc module that you may have installed in ubuntu.
3. Download and build the lirc-0.8.6 module and configure it to use
the Hauppauge Driver ( PVR_150)
4. load the librc_dev module into the kernel.
5. kick off the lircd daemon.

This creates a /dev/lirc0 and /dev/lirc devices.

Using irw I can see the correct key presses from the Hauppauge remote being
deplayed.

My question:

Although I was able to get the "receiver" side working, I have not been able
to get the transmitter to work. Which was my true goal as I am trying to
control a cable box so that SageTV can use all my chanels vs. just the ones
you can get with out a cable box.

Suggestions on approaches.  When I attempt to run irsend I get irsend:
hardware does not support sending.

I know it probably is attempting to send to the reciever vs the
tranmitter.   I tried kicking up another lircd specifing the /dev/lirc
device ( as oppose the I assume the default /dev/lirc0 ), although I was
hoping the name would have been /dev/lirc1 so I am not sure I even have the
tranmitter device operating or everythign configured right.

In the kernel log I see messages like the following:

Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689452] lirc_i2c: chip 0x10005
found @ 0x71 (Hauppauge PVR150)
Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689478] lirc_dev:
lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 10
Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689813] lirc_dev: driver
lirc_i2c registered at minor number = 0
Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689816] lirc_dev (lirc_i2c[0]):
poll thread started

Which would seem to imply it found the chip but I don't know enough to know
if that means just the remote or transmitter as well.

Suggestions?

----