[pvrusb2] 1950 Remote and Transmitter

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Oct 4 22:00:35 CDT 2009

Please follow-up if you see " s5h1411 i2c errors" after rebooting the
computer, but leaving the hvr-1950 on during the reboot with firmwares
already loaded.

For more info, see the posts to this list with the subject " s5h1411
errors"

I've just completely uninstalled lirc here because my systems seem to be
also completely ignoring the "blacklist lirc_dev" "blacklist lirc_i2c"
options.

<shrugs>

Since I rarely use IR, with too much to do around here. :-/

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 13:12 -0400, Mike Ingardia wrote:
> Hey Mike,
> I got my remote working by doing the following in UBUNTU 9.04:
>
> 1. Use the ir-kbd-i2c.ko module and load it.
> 2. Load the remove any lirc module that you may have installed in ubuntu.
> 3. Download and build the lirc-0.8.6 module and configure it to use
> the Hauppauge Driver ( PVR_150)
> 4. load the librc_dev module into the kernel.
> 5. kick off the lircd daemon.
>
> This creates a /dev/lirc0 and /dev/lirc devices.
>
> Using irw I can see the correct key presses from the Hauppauge remote being
> deplayed.
>
> My question:
>
> Although I was able to get the "receiver" side working, I have not been able
> to get the transmitter to work. Which was my true goal as I am trying to
> control a cable box so that SageTV can use all my chanels vs. just the ones
> you can get with out a cable box.
>
> Suggestions on approaches.  When I attempt to run irsend I get irsend:
> hardware does not support sending.
>
> I know it probably is attempting to send to the reciever vs the
> tranmitter.   I tried kicking up another lircd specifing the /dev/lirc
> device ( as oppose the I assume the default /dev/lirc0 ), although I was
> hoping the name would have been /dev/lirc1 so I am not sure I even have the
> tranmitter device operating or everythign configured right.
>
> In the kernel log I see messages like the following:
>
> Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689452] lirc_i2c: chip 0x10005
> found @ 0x71 (Hauppauge PVR150)
> Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689478] lirc_dev:
> lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 10
> Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689813] lirc_dev: driver
> lirc_i2c registered at minor number = 0
> Oct  4 12:25:24 amd-linuxmce kernel: [  327.689816] lirc_dev (lirc_i2c[0]):
> poll thread started
>
> Which would seem to imply it found the chip but I don't know enough to know
> if that means just the remote or transmitter as well.
>

> Suggestions?
>
> ----

Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org