[pvrusb2] WinTV-HVR-1950 will not load firmware

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Fri Oct 23 22:38:39 CDT 2009

Michael Krufky wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
>

> OK, well, if that's the problem, you can see if a known to work
> firmware image solves the problem.  Try the one located here:
>
> http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr1950/v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
>
> I hope this helps.
> pvrusb2

That version seems to have worked. The version that didnt work was the
one extracted using fw_extract.pl --search. I also tried to use the fx2
that I captured which did not work either. During the capture phase
however, there were some odd (perhaps normal) log messages about

Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Timed out control-write
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Device being rendered inoperable
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control
transfer when device not ok
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control
transfer when device not ok
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control
transfer when device not ok
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control
transfer when device not ok
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control
transfer when device not ok
Oct 23 09:53:38 spare kernel: pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control
transfer when device not ok

Maybe that is normal since the device is being put into the 'capture'
mode. But I just thought I would mention that.