[pvrusb2] WinTV-HVR-1950 will not load firmware

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Oct 23 23:26:04 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 22:09 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:

> As for why it could not locate the encoder image.  However I downloaded
> Hauppauge's latest driver package and attempted to train fwextract.pl
> against it using all the various firmware images I have laying around
> and discovered that the encoder firmware was already sitting in the
> package as its own file.  Long story short, fwextract.pl already knows
> how to find that file in the new driver package because of this so
> that's why it found it for you even though you didn't add a definition
> for it.

Thank God.  I'm extremely glad Hauppauge is finally providing a stripped
(or separate) firmware file(s)!

Ken.  The pvrusb2/hvr-1950 are really great devices.  With Mike's
coding, the driver is extremely stable and well maintained all due to
his diligent coding.

He also maintains this mailing list and IRC channel on Freenode for
support.

Been using these devices since the initial PVRUSB2 release (around
2000?).

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org