[pvrusb2] Aspect ratio trouble

Bernhard Geier geierb at geierb.de
Wed Sep 2 14:36:00 CDT 2009

> Well actually the patch was for 2.6.25.  A copy is at
> http://picaros.org/xorg/cropc.diff
> and a description of its logic should be in this list's archives.
>
> I would like to port this to 2.6.29 but am holding off a bit until I have
> news about a tiny patch submitted for 2.6.29 cx25840-core.c.
>
> All this is only applicable to 24xxx devices.
>
> Servaas

Thank you for the patch. I think that cropping is the easiest way to get
this PAL Plus-WSS-VBI-whatever broadcasts display somehow correctly -
even when probably  losing 25% pixels.

I didn't find anything in the archives, but as I'm adventurous, I
modified the patch to apply to 2.6.27. At least it applied & compiled,
but changing ctl_crop_top didn't change anything, ctl_crop_height
reduced the number of capured rows, making the picture look very blurry
- but not removing anything from the black bars at all. Maybe I broke
the patch, I really should try your patch with 2.6.25....or wait for
your port to 2.6.29.