[pvrusb2] only few informations for udev available

Martin Dauskardt martin.dauskardt at gmx.de
Sun Sep 20 14:53:11 CDT 2009

> Try the 20090919 snapshot just released and tell me what you think.

sounds great!

I am currently using a recent v4l-dvb snapshot. I think mixing it with modules
built against the kernel sources will result in unresolved symbols.
Could you integrate these patch in your hg repository?

> Sorry this took so long.  It's been a distracting summer.  Hopefully
> soon you'll see me knock out a few other niggling issues...

I am anxious :-)

I now also have a HVR 1900. You may remember - I asked some time ago the
possibility for an "analoge-only" mode. Well, that is not necessary. I can
use the adapter_nr and set this to a high number. vdr counts all found dvb
devices and stops its search once a number is not used.
This way I can use the analogue part. I noticed that channel switching is much
smoother compared to the older PVRUSB2. I takes a litlle bit longer, but it
blanks out the video and seems to start perfectly with an i-frame.

I no longer close/re-open the pvrusb2 devices for channel switching. You know,
I made this to stop and start the encoder, but too often I get encoder stuck
errors, black screens and freezes. Now I only stop the read thread, tune and
start the read thread again. There are still a few artefacts visible (encoder
ist not cleared) and there is a loud audio crack, but this way the PVRUSB2
works stable.
The HVR 1900 does not have these problems. What is the difference? An other
digitizer?

By the way: Is there still analogue cable TV in the USA? Does it have a
deadline? I remember that I read that at least the analogue terrestrial
broadcasting ended some months ago.

Greets,
Martin