[pvrusb2] s5h1411 errors

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Sep 22 00:53:54 CDT 2009

This bug is caused by either the lirc init.d service and/or it's
lirc_dev & lirc_i2c modules being loaded.

Grepping the log of a recent kernel syslog using kernel 2.6.30 with all
tracers/debugging enabled plainly showed lirc being loaded just prior to
every occurrence of the s5h1411 i2c error.

Simply blacklisting the lirc* modules resolves this issue and then
rebooting or reloading the pvrusb2 along with refreshing the firmwares.

(Simply reloading the pvrusb2 module after unloading the lirc* modules
isn't enough.  The firmwares must be refreshed for some reason.

I sent a log to the list, but the list won't take the large amount of
text. :-/

Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org