[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20100424

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Apr 24 21:19:23 CDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010, JE Geiger wrote:

> OK.  Found the IRC server.
>
> I compiled the new driver, slab.h include was the fix.
>
> I modprobe installed the driver and generated an oops that I have never seen:
>
> http://www.kd4ab.org/modin2

The lockdep warning is a tough, subtle issue.  But it's mostly harmless
for this driver and it's not new for 2.6.34.

All the "BUG: key f560a6ec not in .data!" messages however I've never
seen before and that needs to be investigated.  This one may get ugly.

> I then rmmod the driver and the same kernel paging request fault
> although at a slightly greater address:
>
> http://www.kd4ab.org/rmout2

I think I know what this one is.  It's yet another change from 2.6.34
that I've been waiting to see appear in Mercurial but hasn't, having to
do with management of sysfs nodes.  Until now I didn't realize it was
this critical.  I will grab that patch and pull it myself.