[pvrusb2] Isley Drivers + sudo apt-get in Ubuntu 9.10?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Aug 11 08:53:21 CDT 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Joel Mayer wrote:

> Subject: Isely Drivers in Ubuntu 9.10 with sudo apt-get install?
>
> I have a Hewlett Packard HP 6730s lap top running Windows XP Pro and
> Ubuntu 9.10 in a dual boot arrangement. I also own a Hauppauge 1950
> HVR USB tuner. Is it possible to install the Isley drivers in Myth TV and
> Ubuntu 9.10 with a simple command like:
>
> "sudo apt-get install isley"

Well, if the answer were yes I'd expect it to be isely not isley :-)

But you're talking about a debian style package to install the drivers;
what I supply on the pvrusb2 web site are source code tarballs with
instructions to compile and install from those sources.  Unless somebody
else has produced a debian packaged version of the driver as a
precompiled module, then the answer is no.