[pvrusb2] WinTV PVR2 issues

Lorne Shantz lorne_shantz at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 21:50:54 CST 2010

Dang it! I wasn't done. Sorry...

I tried: vlc stream:/dev/video1 since using the suggested vlc - < /dev/video was producing and odd syntax error message. It opens vlc, but it then says: File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "/home/lshantz/Downloads/xawtv/stream:/dev/video1".
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///home/lshantz/Downloads/xawtv/stream%3A/dev/video1'. Check the log for details.

Neither of:
vlc stream:///video/video0
cat /dev/video0 | vlc stream:///dev/stdin
works.

Lastly tried: kaffeine: fifo:/dev/video#demux:mpeg
and got :
Cannot find input plugin for MRL "fifo:/dev/video1demux:mpeg".

So I am back to stumped and unable to use this sucker in any useful manner. :(

ANY help or suggestions accepted gladly.

Lorne