[pvrusb2] [patch] fix black screen after encoder start (saa7115)

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Feb 5 20:21:19 CST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Martin Dauskardt wrote:

> I think every delay of 300ms at this place would help, no matter how it is
> done. Give me a patch with your solution and I will test it.

Martin:

I have a 300msec delay implemented directly in the pvrusb2 driver core's
state machine.  I've verified that the delay is being correctly paced
and it is set up to only do this for the SAA7115.  I'd appreciate it if
you could test this for me (works fine here).

Right now the changes are just in the standalone pvrusb2 driver, but I'm
going to work next to merge this up against what's in the v4l-dvb
mercurial repository (there are a few other things there I need to pull
as well).  If you want to try the standalone driver now I can give you a
tarball or point you at an SVN repository.  Otherwise if you want to
work with what's in v4l-dvb I'll have that pushed up hopefully very
soon.

I've noticed the shift in the v4l-dvb community over to developing in
git rather than hg, but at this point in time I'm still only set up here
for hg.  I've been spending the past week or so learning all about git
but my push process here is still hg-only.