[pvrusb2] xc3028-v27.fw

dan dsflinux at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 26 05:59:39 CST 2010

I am confused again....I had a linux install (mepis8.0) with this fw in
/lib/firmware. I foolishly reformated and lost it when I was installing
mepis8.5 to get kaffeine 1.0 which is the only way I have been able to
get tv on linux.

dmesg:
firmware: requesting xc3028-v27.fw
xc2028 2-0061: Error: firmware xc3028-v27.fw not found.
tvp5150 2-005c: tvp5150am1 detected.
em28xx #0: V4L2 device registered as /dev/video0 and /dev/vbi0
em28xx #0: Found Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950

I downloaded hcw85bda.sys and the perl script to extract the fw, but the
script only gave me error messages. I am probably too dumb to run the
perl script, but would like to see your recommendation as how to recover
the xc3028 fw.

thanks, dan