[pvrusb2] IR Support with the hvr-1950?

rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Mar 11 15:39:42 CST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:26:20AM -0600, Mike Isely wrote:
>>On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, tedrock wrote:
>> I just want to know if anyone here has either the blaster or the ir receiver
>> (remote) working and if you can point me in the right direction in getting
>> them to work myself.
>
>This has been a minefield.  There have been changes over the past year
>in V4L/DVB that affect IR drivers.  The pvrusb2 driver is compatible
>with the changes but out-of-tree things like LIRC need to be in sync
>with it.

Ditto.  If you upgrade frequently (ie. Gentoo here ;-), whether you
upgrade your kernel or lirc packages, you might have problems.

For instance, I've personally experienced a situation where lirc (init
or modules?) would conflict with the firmware uploading, causing little
to no error mentioned within dmesg.  I was mystified for a while as to
why I couldn't upgrade my kernel.

Since I enjoy stability of reliable working h/w along with frequent
package upgrades, and I almost never use the IR remotes, I disabled lirc
entirely.

If you use Windows, well, know wonder why stuff just works all the time.
Just omit any package upgrading! ;-)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/