[pvrusb2] HVR-1900 dvb-t problems

Aljaž Prusnik prusnik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 18:03:25 CDT 2010

Additionally this is the log when I start an application for TV
watching.

tda10048_firmware_upload: waiting for firmware upload
(dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw)...
usb 2-1: firmware: requesting dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw
tda10048_firmware_upload: firmware read 24878 bytes.
tda10048_firmware_upload: firmware uploading
tda10048_firmware_upload: firmware uploaded

The device then works. I usually have problems because of bad
reception. :(

But just an additional info. When my computer is on for a couple of days
and I do switch the TV on from time to time, it happens that after a
while I have to reload pvrusb2 module in order to restore the device
back to live. Until then it just refuses to wake-up(?). Neither does
power-cycling help so I guess the problem is not the device but
something else in the kernel. Nothing to really be bothered about but it
does happen.

Regards,
Aljaz