[pvrusb2] driver oops [was: An Apology to the list]

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun May 16 16:28:56 CDT 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2010, Michal Witkowski wrote:
>
> > I couldn't build the module, because it couldn't build against the kernel headers
> > in ubuntu.  Any tips on doing that?
> >
> > However I've built the v4l mercurial tree from source as I've heard that it
> > contains all the latest fixes.
> >
> > However it still crashes during suspend:
>
>    [...]
>
> Unfortunately the v4l-dvb repository does NOT have these fixes yet.
>
> There are some other pvrusb2 patches flowing down from the kernel and
> I've been patiently waiting for them to show up in hg first.  Some of
> those changes overlap fixes I've already done in the standalone driver.
> So my plan was to merge it all in the standalong driver and then push up
> patches back into hg for everything else.
>
> The patches I've been waiting for in hg finally showed up 2 days ago.
> It won't be long now before there's an hg update with these fixes.

There's a v4l-dvb snapshot you can try now that contains all the merged
pvrusb2 fixes.  HOWEVER, it appears that v4l-dvb itself hasn't caught up
to kernel 2.6.34 so if you try to compile against that kernel, the build
will fail.  The underlying problem is that the issue in 2.6.34 which
caused me to have to add an include for slab.h in pvrusb2-v4l2.c also
affects A LOT of other drivers within v4l-dvb - they ALL have to be
fixed before v4l-dvb is going to build against that kernel :-(

But at least for the record, this is a v4l-dvb with all the latest
pvrusb2 driver changes / fixes:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mcisely/pvrusb2-20100516/