[pvrusb2] HVR1950 IR blaster inquiry

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Apr 7 09:42:03 CDT 2011

Jared:

There have been some recent developments in the v4l-dvb tree with
respect to IR.  And there is a strong suspicion that with these changes
the IR blaster side might start working now for the HVR-1950 (and also
the HVR-1900).

The changes should be available starting with the 2.6.39 kernel tree.

I will also update the standalone driver to match (already have pulled
down the changes just haven't done the release yet), however the key
fixes are actually in the IR subsystem not the pvrusb2 driver so you
would still need the 2.6.39 (or later) kernel anyway.

  -Mike