[pvrusb2] RHEL 5.6 Hauppauge 1950 USB PVR

Tomas Hajek thajek at kettering.edu
Thu Feb 17 20:18:29 CST 2011

Hi Mike,  Thanks for the quick and thorough reply.  I kind of figured what you said to be the case, if nothing else this just means I probably don't need to spend anymore time trying to get it to work in RHEL 5.6 and either go to Fedora or Ubuntu.  Basically trying to setup the 1950 to capture video for streaming with flumotion streaming server.  Flumotion only supports Fedora, Ubuntu, and RHEL.  I wanted something with long term support so I guess I'll  have to see if the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS works (since their support for Fedora is 11 which is EOL now).
  I also use Real Producer from real networks but I've had to hack work arounds for that for years since they only just started supporting RHEL 5 and still only really work properly with v4l1.  I was hoping that the RHEL 5 would be common ground for both but I can work things out by phasing out Real as soon as possible and more over to flumotion.
  thanks again,
 -Tomas