[pvrusb2] hvr-1950 - analog side - problems using scantv

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:04:14 CST 2011

Playing around here and trying to use xawtv's scantv on the hvr-1950's analog
side  (/dev/video).

For some reason, I get every error display under the Sun trying to use scantv
from latest stable xawtv-3, including xawtv-3 git and xawtv-4 git.

The main error on the latest stable xawtv-3 is no /dev/vbi device.
(Understandable as there is none.)

xawtv-3-git & xawtv-4-git scantv without options results in coredumps for both.

$ scantv -video /dev/video0
WARNING: no plugins found [/home/roger/src/xawtv/xawtv-3-install/lib/xawtv4]
using device "cmdline"
can't open video device
1 :-(

<shrugs> I'm positive I had scantv working with my old pvrusb2 device, right?

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/