[pvrusb2] atsc_epg for updating local computer's time

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Nov 30 10:13:10 CST 2011

Roger:

This is really getting off-topic.

Just by using ntp you can usually get the time locked down with accuracy
in the millisecond range.  If using EIT data can't get you any closer
than a second or two, there's really no advantage to using it over ntp.
If you're worried about the quality of upstream ntp sources, it's simply
not a concern.  Use pool.ntp.org (multiple times) as your source.
Hint: Take a look at http://www.pool.ntp.org for additional info.
(Disclaimer: www.isely.net has been a pool member for many years now.)

  -Mike