[pvrusb2] Kernel 2.6.22 and firmware loading on a NAS

Reinhold Kainhofer lists at kainhofer.com
Sat Apr 7 12:27:20 CDT 2012

Hi all,
Thanks for all your suggestions. I've now made it work.

On 2012-03-30 18:47, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> I have successfully cross-compiled the standalone pvrusb2 module for the
> 2.6.22 kernel[1] used in my D-Link DNS-325 NAS, because I intend to use
> the WinTV HVR-1900 as a HDD video recorder (recording from the analog
> output of my settop box).

> the pvrusb2 module), but apparently loading the firmware fails, although
> I placed the correct file in /lib/firmware/

Actually, it turned out that D-Link had completely removed the firmware
to create a proper /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent to make it work. It then
turned out that sysfs was not mounted, so I had to add sysfs mounting to
that script too. After that, things work just fine now.

(This work was further complicated by the fact that while I had write
access to the root partition, I only had shell access to a chrooted
environment, so things like /proc/kcore were not available).

So, this is just to confirm that my HVR-1900 is working fine on my
D-Link DNS-325 NAS on kernel 2.6.22.

Cheers,
Reinhold