[pvrusb2] PVR USB2 - how to check if it's dead?

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Mon Dec 10 11:15:31 CST 2012

On 12/10/2012 09:55 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> What can I do to check if the device is broken or better to get it working?

If a firmware is loaded you should see a /sys/class/pvrusb2 dir with entries  in it.

Firmwares could go into many locations, I'd check /lib/firmwares or
/usr/local/lib/firmwares... look for *pvrusb* entries.

You have to follow the directions with regards to getting the firmware into
those areas (just make sure it's a location actively searched for by your distro)...