[pvrusb2] Kernel oops in pvrusb2 driver

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 10 13:48:04 CST 2012

Handling hot unplug in any driver state has always been a difficult
business.  I'm actually kind of surprised that we've gone on this long
(years) without another race like this being reported.  I need to
re-evaluate how this is being handled.  It's possible that changes in
the surrounding kernel may now be invalidating the strategy I had been
using in the driver to cleanly self-tear-down when a hot-unplug happens.

Actually it's been quite a while since I've dug into the driver.  One of
the key issues has been just not having enough time.  However with the
new year, one of the big time sinks that had been distracting me is now
officially ended, so I will see about digging back into all this again!

  -Mike