[pvrusb2] WinTV USB2/Tv-Viewer question

Lorne Shantz lorne_shantz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 17:04:08 CDT 2013

HA! I figured a way around the bash prompt command. I went into Tv-Viewer and selected composite, then exited. It is building the file and I can actually watch it as it is building since Linux doesn't lock files like Winbloze. I think based on this test, it is application based, because I can "view" composite in just fine. The problems seem to crop up when I start the Tv-Viewer record application.

It looks like perhaps I can get around this by NOT using the Tv-Viewer record feature for the VCR. ?? Anyone know of a kick A$$ video recorder for linux I could use to capture all my home videos? It would be awful nice to be able to see what I'm capturing since there are lots of starts and stops and it would make editing easier me thinks.