[pvrusb2] Re%3A%20%5Bpvrusb2%5D%20No%20data%20from%20HVR-1900%20encoder&In-Reply-To=%3C1308471515.2019.6.camel%40tyst%3E

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 13:23:41 CDT 2013

A power volt/amp meter might suffice, because if the power supply is bad it is
going to likely show fluctuations within either amperage or voltage.

The only thing you're likely omitting are intermittent spikes or unsufficient
power.

I also plugin all my electronics into a surge protector.  Make sure the surge
protector is in good working condition as well.  Albeit, I still lost my
pvrusb2 due to a power spike possibly caused by incoming power or the power
supply on a unit shorted out.  My hvr-1950 is still working solid though
without any of your said problems.

(The only problem I had with the pvrusb2 was with the IR function?  See mailing
list history.)

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 02:05:13PM +0200, Jan Brouwer wrote:
>Hmmm the power supply, I didn't think of that. I'll check that out first,
>indeed easier to test. :-) I hope I have something matching lying around!
>Op 13 jul. 2013 00:11 schreef "Gary Buhrmaster" <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
>het volgende:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Jan Brouwer <jan at brewsky.nl> wrote:
>> > My unit does get pretty hot... I didn't think of cooling it before, so
>> > maybe that would do the trick!
>>
>> Certain Hauppauge devices have a history of getting hot
>> and resetting.  Certain Hauppauge devices also have a
>> history of having power supplies going (partially) bad
>> (especially if they are a few years old).  Either can cause
>> "random crashes".  Since it is (usually) the easiest to
>> test (unless your computer is next to the refrigerator :-),
>> I always swap out the power supply first.
>>
>> Gary

Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/