[pvrusb2] Adaptec AVC-3610

Mike Romine wromine4 at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 20:30:05 CST 2014

Hello Mike,

I was trying to find linux support for the Adaptec AVC-3610.  I ran
across several past postings that pointed me to this site.  This device
uses the Conexant cx23416 and cx25850 chipsets.  At one time, there
appeared to be some interest in getting the pvrusb2 driver to work with
this device, but there did not appear to be any follow-up when detailed
pictures of the pc board were requested.  I have taken approximately 70
detailed photos of all of the chips on the board.  Many are multiple
photos of the same chips and the markings on the chips can be clearly
identified.  I also took detailed pictures of all of the labels and
markings on the pc board, case, remote and charger.  I just need to know
how you would like to receive the photos.

This device was difficult to disassemble.  There are no screws except
inside.  I was careful not to damage the pc board, but the case will
need to be replaced.  The case is made up of two symmetrical halves.
The halves are held together by the side pieces, which have multiple
posts that lock into place when inserted into the halves.  There are
four side pieces.  The two vent side pieces need to come off first.
Each vent side piece will have six posts that will likely break off
during removal.  The other two longer side pieces only have four locking
posts, and can be removed after the vent side pieces are removed.  Once
all four side pieces are removed, the two symmetrical halves can be
separated.  There are two screws that hold the pc board to one of the
symmetrical halves.  This unit is not designed to take apart once
assembled.

I have the pvrusb2 driver installed on my machine.  Linux recognizes the
usb device as product AVC-3610, idVendor:  03f3, idProduct:  0044, but
cannot communicate with it.  There is an orange light on the device that
is suppose to turn green when the connection is active.

Hopefully, the current pvrusb2 driver can be adapted to work with this
device.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Mike