[pvrusb2] Hauppauge WinTV PVR-1950 not loading firmware

TomK forensic at milwpc.com
Tue Dec 27 21:43:10 CST 2016

Hi,

I'm getting kernel ooppses related to pvrusb2 and v4l2 when attaching
the device to usb or hard cycling the power. The output of
/var/log/messages shows a greatly truncated list of messages.

It was working for years. But now the device /dev/video0 produces
Input/Output errors using "dd". Previously I used:

$ dd if=/dev/video0 of=movie.mpg,

and then played movie.mpg in vlc. Something suddenly changed early
2016. I've copied a known good copy of the firmware to the correct
location.

The device is identified correctly when it is attached. But
/var/log/messages ends with

"device is not a MPT device".

I anticipate this is when the kernel throws an oops. I've tried
successive kernel updates, but the last four or five haven't improved
matters.

I don't know which details you wish to see, so to avoid spamming the
board with endless debug information, I'll just wait for a request.
I've tried with debug on and off for this device. No difference.

-Tom