[pvrusb2] Ability to fully reset a PVRUSB2 Device

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Sat Mar 16 12:42:49 CDT 2019

On 16/03/2019 17:48, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> The two most common issues with the HVR-1950
> that I ran into is that it can overheat (and hang)
> and the power supply can be going bad (and the
> device hangs).
I have five of these, spread between two backend machines (purely for
proximity to good signals).

The third most common issue is USB connectors needing reseating. Every
few months the connectors at both ends of the USB cable just need to be
reseated (i.e. pulled out and plugged back in).

I have also noticed that the pvrusb2 driver will no longer unload - it
causes a kernel panic if I try. That's on Ubuntu 16.04 while the MythTV
backend is down.