[pvrusb2] Occasional audio issue with recordings

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Nov 4 22:02:40 CST 2019

Jan:

This might be something involving the cx25840 chip-level driver which is
part of V4L.  That corresponds to the part of the device which processes
audio.  It's also the point in the hardware where line-in analog video
meets up with demodulated audio - so if you are seeing a problem with
line-in but not an RF source then it's either got to be this chip or
something in front of it.  There may be an ADC upstream of that part for
the line-in for the HVR1950 but it's been so long that I don't
specifically recall.  In any case, the pvrusb2 driver doesn't do the
actual "processing"; it just sets up the dataflows via the various
chip-level drivers.

With that knowledge, see if unloading / reloading the cx25840 module
might affect the issue.  (And that should actually work right now.)
Also, you might want to see if there's a different firmware image
floating around for that part.

  -Mike