[pvrusb2] Mythtv hangs on livetv

Julio Arruda julio_arruda at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 08:08:34 CST 2005

roger wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 17:07 -0600, Mike Isely wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Julio Arruda wrote:
>>

>>>From a couple of tests I did few weeks ago, is not exactly MythTV hanging..
>>>It seems when you start to 'read' from the livetv buffer (or from the
>>>blablabal .nuv 'non-live' recordings in my case also, while they are being
>>>recorded),the pvrusb2 driver can't read from the PVRUS2 box anymore.
>

> I'm pretty sure I'm reading directly from the live tv (or live tv
> buffer).  I've taken care this time (unlike recently) to restart
> the /etc/init.d/mythbackend server!  So any possible recordings are no
> longer taking place accidently (although I have no recordings
> scheduled).
>
> Btw, I believe I've also been able to view the same station being
> recorded by Mythtv since I've started being able to use Mythtv.  Just
> cannot watch any other channel while a channel is being recorded.
>
> Thanks for the attempt Julio.

I've reinstalled yesterday to test, and is running just fine
(pvrusb2-mci-20051208) mythtv 0.18.1-3 (having some problems to upgrade
to latest .deb
So, false alarm on the pvrusb2 x mythtv problem it seems.
(i looked at the dates in the older install, was with
pvrusb2-mci-20050921, not sure it makes any difference, but no point in
testing such older release I guess).