[pvrusb2] Re: Mythtv hangs on livetv

roger at eskimo.com roger at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 21 19:19:36 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 02:23 -0800, roger at eskimo.com wrote:
> Mythtv hangs here during the first couple of seconds of livetv playback.

Found it!  After looking over logs extensively of mythfrontend &
mythbackend (with --verbose all and using gdb & strace).  All provided
errors such as buffer errors and video errors were entirely unuseful in
detecting this bug.

I went into mythsetup and chose, "Capture Cards" > "(/dev/v4l/video0)"
device" > default input = "television".

I barely noticed but previously "default input" was set to a value of
"Television" and not "television"!  All other channels were started with
a lower case letter (ie. s-video, composite, and radio).  So I changed
the value to "television" and Live TV finally worked!

When I returned to the same menu applet within mythsetup, "Television"
default input setting no longer existed.  All were lower case letters.

(wow.  ~2 mos of recompiling and other things and it was this!)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Wed Dec 21 17:18:38 PST 2005